U.S.Yards Stock Trains

To: brhslist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: U.S.Yards Stock Trains
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 22:48:51 EST
Based on what I read this morning reading a yard switching move penalty claim
by a road crew in Cicero the stock trains destined for U.S. Yard weren't
necessarily solid trains (what today we'd call unit trains) of stock. This
crew came in on #80 and was ordered to make some shuffles by 'D' yard YDMSTR
which resulted in more than one S/o and P/U giving them reason to submit
claim for yard penalty.
But what I found most interesting is that they doubled their cars of stock
onto a couple other cars left on an adjacent track and after retrieving their
own w/c from Clyde and doing the other shuffles as instructed headed off to
U.S. yards w/the stock.
Leo
P.S. Lets see 135 miles for the road trip,1 plus 2.5 hrs for yard
shuffling,probably 4 or 5 hrs of FTD. Not a bad paying trip if you dont mind
the smell.