Traffic Patterns

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Traffic Patterns
From: "G. Walls <glw@r...>" <glw@r...>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 23:06:02 -0000
Hi Folks,

I need some help in planning a freight car roster for the Burlington
in 1930.

What types of reefers/ventalator cars would have been on the line
between Creston and Council Bluffs/Omaha. What would have been the
routing on reefers/vent. cars from the southeast. Were there special
trains for this service? What train numbers and what type of power
would have been used.

In the 1930's, a lot of folks heated with coal. Also the railroads
needed coal for their uses. Where was this coal coming from? I see
the 2-10-2 and 2-10-4's that were used in the Ill. coal fields but I
thought these engines were kept in that area, so what was used to
haul coal to the western areas.

Thanks,
George