Re: [BRHSlist] Chicago Books

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Chicago Books
From: Aeolus3@a...
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 13:33:18 EST
In a message dated 12/23/02 4:24:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Ed@p... writes:

> Thank you to those of you who tooted my horn for me. I think the
> Trackside Chicago book is the only one mentioned by Rich that
> is in print. George and I had fun putting that book together. If you
> like Chicago in the late fifties and early sixties, that book should
> get your train rolling.

Ed and List,

Like I said I'd like to see the shots from George that didn't make the book!
But all of us forgot to mention the two Kalmbach Books on the Chicago
Passenger Trains, East and West Trains. Passenger Trains of Yesteryear
Chicago Eastbound the other book is on Westbound. Although all black and
white I would suggest getting both of these books. Also add to this list
again a Kalmbach Book, Burlington Across the Heartland. This book covers
some of the Chicago operation again some very fine black and white
photography.

Happy Holidays!

Loren