Discipline

To: brhslist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Discipline
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 10:33:55 EST
I've been reading the Rule 85 files w/in the BRT files.Rule 85 is agreement
for handling rule violations and the resulting discipline.
Here is the first of what I've deemed the interesting cases:
Brkmn ' v ' shows up on duty at Savanna for #48 during mid 1932 w/o his
"collar" on and smokes while enroute. For these 2 infractions he is barred
from all passenger service and all frt except the "Irish Mail" by the div
supt. The man is 68 years old and has 44 years of service. He doesnt have a
bump so he technically cant work. The lodge goes to individual members and
arranges it so V can place on the Irish Mail. While not in the schedule and
so stated by all involved the general Chrmn also agrees to go with the plan
w/the understanding that it is in the name of brotherhood.
Leo