Re: [BRHSlist] Tuskeego and S Iowa

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Tuskeego and S Iowa
From: "Nicholas Pitsch" <pitschni@e...>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 19:09:00 -0500
Doug -

I recall running across Little Chicago somewhere, but for some reason I
didn't record it on my maps - and wasn't aware of the Kellerton connection -
South English (on the BCR&N) had a similar story, but they moved the town,
lock, stock and name to the railhead when the RR bypassed them.

Beaconsfield is also famous for another reason - hint - used to be a mainly
Iowa business, but has expanded to the surrounding states as well.

Corbin's book "Across Iowa on the K&W and H&S Railroads" does an excellent
job documenting these lines.

Nick