Villisca Depot and related stuff

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Villisca Depot and related stuff
From: PSHedgpeth@a...
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:12:50 EST
George et al

I dug through my BB's at noon today..It's BB No. 22 you want. It may be one
of those out of print, but if you can get one it will give you lots of good
information you want in the article OS CRESTON...one of my all time
favorites.

On Page 29 is a picture of the Corning depot...it's a virtual twin to
Villisca. On page 30 is a picture of the Villisca Depot. On page 35 are two
nice photos of P. Jct yard, depot and roundhouse....no ice dock. Page 30 has
two photos of the Creston Rounhouse..(after a tornado) and the water tank and
coal chute. Someone asked about coal chutes..there was an unusual one at
Hastings, IA, shown on page 43. Page 49 has two photos of the Red Oak
roundhouse and turntable..the photo showing the front of the RH and TT is
very "muddy" and not good.

There are lots of good photos in this issue of the territory you're
interested in.

I'll keep looking through my stuff to find anything else which might interest
you. I have a newspaper article showing the Villisca water tank with an
engine tender overflowing...I don't know how well it will reproduce, but I'll
see what i can do.

Pete