Re: [BRHSlist] Cheyenne track diagram

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Cheyenne track diagram
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@e...>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 16:34:23 -0600
> Dear Listers!
> I am looking for some input about the C&S / Q yard and engine terminal at
> Cheyenne, WY. in the 1940's. There are many nice photos of these facilities
> in Darwin's book about the Union Pacific in Cheyenne but it is hard to tell
> how the tracks are layed out. Maybe I'm lucky enouth to find a fellow lister
> with a track diagram.
> Thank you very much!
>
> Florian Griessenboeck

Layout as follows:

Top chart is East-West oriented. C&S crosses the UP West of town and
turns East to reach the wye. CB&Q crosses the UP East of town and runs
thru downtown just to the North of the UP and then turns North to reach
the wye. The other two charts are South to the left, North to the right.
IIRC C&S passenger trains went downtown and then backed out to the
wye again to leave town.

Russ