Cathedral of Steel Question

To: brhslist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Cathedral of Steel Question
From: "John Lewis" <CBQJohn@m...>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 08:59:55 -0800
Bcc:
Mr. Franckey,

I just recently finished reading your book (an autographed copy purchased at RR Days by a good friend of mine) and I have a strange question.

At one point in the book, you related a story about how you were called to take an eastbound out of Galesburg with two well-worn SD7s (or were they SD9s?). The clock was ticking as you had an eastbound Amtrak nipping at your heels ... I assume it was the Illinois Zephyr? One of the motors gave you trouble and you high tailed it back to the roundhouse were things were set straight in short order.

My question is did you make it out of town in time ahead of Amtrak?

Regards from San Diego,

John Lewis