Need help with ID...

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Need help with ID...
From: "tripplesfarm" <ebs3@c...>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 03:14:41 -0000
Hello Group,

I have just joined the BRHS list in the hopes that other members
may be able to assist me in solving a mystery. This link:

http://members.cox.net/ebs3/quincy.jpg

will take you to an image of an old label. I believe that this is
from the 1850's but would appreciate confirmation. Is this
some form of advertising or a shipping label?

I am hoping that someone may recognize
it and know what the entire label or tag originally said;
anything about it would be helpful. Any information about
what this was, how and when it was originally used would be
much appreciated. I suspect that it refers to the Chicago,
Burlington & Quincy Railroad. In what year did the name
Chicago become a part of the railroad's name?

Thank you very much!
-Eric