Re: [BRHSlist] Sacko Investigation Procedure

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Sacko Investigation Procedure
From: PSHedgpeth@a...
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:01:28 EST
RE: Investigation Invitation

Leo and List

I believe the investigation "invitaton"read...at least on the Rock
Island..."An investigaton will be held at the office of........to develop the
facts, discover the cause, and determine your responsibility in connection
with......"

Since I was privileged to attend only two of these parties on the CB&Q my
memory of the mechanics of how the things were handled is somewhat limited.
It seems that the proceedings were recorded by a stenographer in shorthand
(much like a court reporter) and then typed up and copies distributed to all
concerned.

During my time on the Rock Island a much more cumberson procedure was used. A
secretary sat in the investigation room with a typewriter and typed out, on
the old mimeograph forms the actual conversation. Consequently you had to
talk very slowly and the secretary was constantly having to ask the
investigation officer and the respondent to repeat..If she wrote it wrong,
then all parties involved had to initial the correction. All parties also
had to sign each page as it was completed.

Just out of curiosity, how was the actual recording of the proceedings
handled by the Q?

Pete

Also on the RI the first questions were always.

Do you have a standard watch....Do you have a rule book...when was the last
time you were examined on the Operating Rules