Re: [BRHSlist] Re:Wooden CB&Q models

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re:Wooden CB&Q models
From: "SIMON_GRIF" <SIMON_GRIF@e...>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 11:57:02 -0600
Hi folks, I am a lurker that learns a lot from this group without being able
to contribute much. Anyway, some of you may know about the Whittle
Shortline Wooden trains that are made in the St. Louis area. The wooden toy
trains are compatible with the typical Thomas track. My two boys (3 and 5)
just love these trains and play with them every day. They have an orange
CB&Q caboose, but I have been trying to get the company to make a CB&Q
boxcar. After months of pressure, Mike the owner has said he will look into
making one of I can provide a good picture. What would be great would be a
color photo of an "everywhere west" boxcar with both sides shown. Anyone no
a good location on the web to find such a picture. I will pass it on to the
WSRR and see if we can get some more Q in the hands of young impressionable
budding train enthusiasts. I have no connection with the company other than
having spent significant $ with them on what have been the most played with
toys in our house.

Best wishes
Simon Griffin
Troy, IL