genealogy search

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: genealogy search
From: mainstreeter@w...
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 11:01:11 -0800 (PST)
Hello all,
I'm new to the list. I'm actually not a Q fan, I'm an N.P. fan but a
genealogy search has brought me here.

I know family stories can become exaggerated but I was recently told,
by an uncle, that my great, great grandfather, Ralph L. Hosford, was the
director of the CB&Q at some point in his career and that his son, Ralph
Benton Hosford, also worked for the railroad. Although the son, most
likely, worked for the Q as well, it is not know for sure where he
worked or in what capacity.

What I know is this:
Ralph L. Hosford Born in Threadford, CT. 1831 died in Burlington, IA.
1908.

Ralph Benton Hosford Born in Burlington, IA. 1874 died in Santa Anita,
CA. 1945 or 46

If anyone can give me any information on either of them I would
greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, Jeff Hosford