Re: [BRHSlist] Burlington LO-9 whale-belly hoppers

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Burlington LO-9 whale-belly hoppers
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@e...>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 09:12:51 -0600
I do recall that during the early 70's one of the best places
to find one of those cars was the little interchange yard
at Elmhurst IL where C&NW exchanged cars with Elmhurst
Chicago Stone. Can also remember prior to that time the
quarry actually operated West of Route #83. Wonder how,
with today's traffic, you would flag that crossing?

A BN Apr-90 equipment listing shows 44 cars in that group.

Russ