Full width diaphrams.

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Full width diaphrams.
From: SilvrDome@a...
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 00:44:01 EDT
I have a research question for Burlington "Zephyr" modelers.

An HO model supplier has come out with a terrific full width diaphram for
passenger cars. Before investing in this new product I've have been checking
prototype photos of the California Zephyr, the 1953 Zephyr (KCZ, ARZ,
Blackhawk) equipment (delivered with full width diaphrams), and 1956 DZ
equipment also sporting full width diaphrams. Does anyone recall, or have an
idea what year these full width diaphrams were removed from Burlington's
Zephyr fleet? I'm going to guess circa 1959/1960, but it's just a guess.

Thanks for your input.

Hubert