Re: [BRHSlist] E5 ID plates

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] E5 ID plates
From: "Marshall Thayer" <zephyr9903@e...>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 15:49:44 -0700
Drale -

Microscale set 581 (that's 87- 581 for HO or 60-587 for N) has the E-5 plates.

Don't forget that the E-5 plates were a retrofit, so using them will depend on
the period you are representing. I can't recall ever seeing a picture of a CB&Q
unit which had both the unit name and the model plate . . . I think the names
came off before the plate went on.

You *will* find the original four C&S/FW&D motors with both names and model
plates, because the subsidiary units kept their names to scrapping.

As far as I know, the names started being taken off the E-5s around 1953, and
that's when the model plates began showing up. Also note that the red version
of the nose bars & vents didn't appear until '59.

Let's just say you can't stick everything on from the decal sheet & have it
look like anything that ever really happened <LOL>

Marshall Thayer
Consulting Model Railroader
Las Vegas, NV