re: Work Rules in BB

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: re: Work Rules in BB
From: "Virginia Edgar" <vje68@h...>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 10:24:51 -0500
Bcc:
Yes - I emailed Leo direct but will add my 2 cents worth to all.
Several good points have been made - a) we cover lots of topics in our publications & at our meeting clinics with the hope that every member will find something that really piques his/her interest. Even when a topic appears NOT to touch your era, location or interest (modeling vs. collecting vs. history) there is invariably something that relates one way or another. b) If anything relating to the Q does not eventually show up with us - where will it show up??? c) work rules can be made interesting to a modeler (which I am also). I'd like to know the provisions on housing; we've never covered the Q blt. housing used by train crews AND by MoW (some drwgs & photos to accompany the article of course!). Do you use a scale clock? Did hours of service apply to wreck emergencies, rising flood waters? (some photos of course!) Initial terminal delay, etc can all be illustrated with some photos with a little imagination (pics that would otherwise never see the light of day as they don't fit a specific topic). 90% of our mbrs probably own a Corbin book - the Holy Grail; most probably have Holck & Spoor in recent yrs yet probably less than 10% have an Overton much less read it. Yet Bernie Corbin made the point to me serveral times with no hesitation that Overton's books were the be all & end all of the Q & he was in awe of what they contained - ditto for Granger COuntry if you really want to "know" the Q. KNowing Leo (just by what he has written to this site) I know the article could be very interesting to everyone - please write it before those memories ae lost! Gerald Edgar