Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Passenger Train Info Request

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Passenger Train Info Request
From: PSHedgpeth@a...
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 18:57:21 EDT
Seems like a lot of the train numbers were changed in the mid 1960s. I was
with the RI then and not paying much attention to the CB&Q, but do recall
that the St. Joe-Omaha Lincoln trains which I am most familiar with had some
number changes.

I think that 20-21 became 35 and 36..I heard that that was because of some
effort to coordinate the numbers with the Chgo-St.Joe-KC trains.

Any numbers that I throw out go back to the 1950's. ie St. Joe-Omaha Lincoln
trains were Silver Streak Zephyr 20-21. then 26-27 and night trains 22-23.
KC Trains were American Royal Zephyr 55-56 and KC Zephyr 35-36. Nebraska
Zephyr was 11-12, California Zephyr 17-18, Aksarben Zephyr (Chicago-Lincoln)
30-3. Coloradoan Chicago-Denver..mostly HE 19-6. Mail trains 7-8. Also
Chicago Omaha mail trains 8 and 29. KC-St. Joe-Lincoln trains 41-42 and
43-44. These trains prior to the mid 50's ran through to Alliance Sheridan
Billings.

This means nothing, but I got on a roll, just trying out my memory. I can
remember things from 50 years ago, but can't remember what I did yesterday.

Pete