Re: [BRHSlist] Western Tablet?

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Western Tablet?
From: PSHedgpeth@a...
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 11:09:58 EDT
Marshall and Paul and list

Marshall you are nowhere near Alzheimers....when I saw the post re Western
Tablet I thought how could anyone not remember the infamous Big Chief
Tablets. I think they cost 5 cents when I was in grade school. You couldn't
start the school year without one. They were printed on the same "high
quality" pulp paper as the old (Pre October 1954) RAILROAD MAGAZINE.

The plant at St. Joe was located east of the Union Station in St. Joe. It
was served off the old Chariton Branch. I'm not sure if the plant is still
served by rail, but I think that it is. The plant is near the Patee House
Museum and appears to still be quite active in producing paper products.
Don't know if the BIG CHIEF Tablets are still around but i think that they
are.

Pete Hedgpeth