Zephyr questions

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Zephyr questions
From: drale99@a...
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 19:01:22 EDT
I just met a RR enthusiast from New England who described the reconstruction
of the Flying Yankee, which is being carried out in New Hampshire. This
train is schediled for completion in '03 or '04, and will be returned to
service on excursions in New Hampshire. Sounds exciting, and will add to
some significant things already going on in New Hanpshire.
My question is this: What hope is there for a Zephyr being restored and
returned to some kind of service? Seems like if they can do it to the Flying
Yankee, we should be able to get enough pieces of old Zephyrs together to do
the same thing, and how great it would be! Anzious to know.
DRale Reeves