Re: [BRHSlist] 34' box car

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] 34' box car
From: "Marshall Thayer" <zephyr9903@e...>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 08:33:44 -0700
From: Ken Martin
To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 7:30 AM
Subject: [BRHSlist] 34' box car

I have been asked by a model kit manufacturer what the interest in a 34'
CB&Q boxcar would be. So I am asking the list how many would be
interested in one or more Q 34' boxcars.

I don't believe I would be interested, but this brings up a question: I have
the impression that the Q changed to 40' boxcars at a fairly early date. Does
anyone have info on this?

(On the other hand, the Q stayed with 34' stock cars until 1938, possibly
because of the fixed investment on stock loading pens built to that standard
door spacing)

Marshall