Re: [BRHSlist] No Bills

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] No Bills
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@y...>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 20:39:30 -0700 (PDT)
I don't want to make things too confusing, but don't
get things mixed up. In diversion, the shipper
consigns the load (with a bill of lading and a
waybill) to themselves at some distant point. Before
the load gets there, it is sold and a new destination
and consignee are shown on the waybill and BoL.
Storage in transit works somewhat the same way. Again
the car is billed to a distant point and the railroad
holds it until it is billed to it's final destination.
The railroad charges a fee for this "in transit
privilege". In both cases the car has billing. A no
bill car is moved on a "slip way bill" or a switchlist
to a holding track, pending sale of the coal, lumber,
grain, etc. and the car's consignment.
John D. Mitchell, Jr.