Some things never change

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com, ritslist@s...
Subject: Some things never change
From: PSHedgpeth@a...
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 11:20:54 EDT
Last evening while wasting time browsing through some old Railroad Magazines
I found a little something that perhaps any old "rails" and perhaps some
"current rails" will get a chuckle out of and appreciate.

This from an article by Walton H. Harris entitled BLOW THE MAN DOWN RAILROAD
June 1953

"You've noticed it's the little things that count, and add up, and cause
trouble. Especially in the transportation game. Remember the lesson you
learned in the Third Reader about the horseshoe nail? The blacksmith made a
poor job of shoeing a horse, and when a nail let go it was followed by the
failure of the horseshoe, horse, rider a battle and practically all moving
parts of the machinery.
Everybody was in trouble but the blacksmith. Even in those early days it was
hard to get anything on the Mechanical Department".

The story goes on in an unrelated vein, but I thought that perhaps Leo, Bob
Campbell and perhaps a few others would "get it"

Pete Hedgpeth