Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Downers Grove Layover Yard

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Downers Grove Layover Yard
From: "Marshall Thayer" <zephyr9903@e...>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 22:33:38 -0700
<snip>
I'll bet someone has a picture of the exhibition engine 35 tied to or near a DD-
<end snip>

Speaking of #35, my two sets for Microscale cover all variations of CB&Q steam
since the mid '20s, EXCEPT for #35. Craig and I have discussed the possibility
of a minical set just for the exhibition engine. But it's kinda up to you guys
. . .

In the first place, do you think there would be much interest? The set could be
sized for the Bachmann/Rivarossi V&T 4-4-0, with an MDT Overton Baggage
standing in for the 1862 RPO replica - I don't think there'd be much point in
sizing them for scratchbuilt scale <grin>.

The second point is: How many schemes (as a CB&Q or H&St.J engine) did #35
carry after its rebuild? (We'll omit such things as standing in for UP 119 at
the Chi Railroad Fair) - and does anyone have colors for the earlier versions?

If you guys think the project is worthwhile, I could use all the photos anyone
has available (I have a handful of slides taken ca. 1955, but not much else . .
.

Marshall Thayer