Photo op.

To: brhslist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Photo op.
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 23:04:29 EDT
There are still tank cars out there that were handled by the Q. But there
going fast. What I affectionately call the white whales(Class 112s 30 and
33,000 gallon cars are examples). These were generally built prior to 1970
and are still running around hauling Anhydrous Ammonia but are banned as of
2006. These are noninsulated and are what are called duel diameters(narrower
near the ends). Also 112js (insulated and generally black) built prior to
1970 were pulled by the Q. There's hundreds of them out there. But it looks
like the NTSB is going to recommend early retirement of both the j's and S's
due to the January 2002 wreck at MInot,ND.
I wont bore you with all the technical jargon but it has to do with the grade
of steel used in tank shells then vs recently. No,UTC didn't have any of the
leakers in that huge wreck.
Leo