Oregon Depot.

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Oregon Depot.
From: "reventures_61061" <reventures_61061@y...>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 01:20:51 -0000
Work on the Oregon CB&Q depot is moving into high gear and the
chimney will be replaced starting Monday. It is unique and a
characteristic of the Oregon depot. Within the next three weeks the
removal of the remaining tile should be complete and new sheeting
applied by Zimmerman Contruction a total volunteer donation.
Specifications have been issued for bid to reinstall the Spanish tile
roof and we expect the work to begin soon. Last May we had an Alumni
group from the Oregon high school class of 1949-1951 show up for a
week of work. We stripped a third of the woodwork of varnish and
brown paint, that was a gift from the railroad to keep a paint crew
busy. The 90 year old red oak is beautiful. All members of the BRHS
are invited to visit our effort at anytime. To have someone there
can be iffy, but if you call me Bob Rees at 815-732-6397 I will give
you a personal tour.