Denver Ex-CB&Q/C&S Sites

To: "'BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com'" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Denver Ex-CB&Q/C&S Sites
From: "Myers, Scott V." <svmyers@s...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 16:08:23 -0500
I will be visiting the Denver area the first 2 weeks of July. I was last
there in 1994, and remember several good locations for seeing old Q and C&S
structures, etc. As I recall, north of Union Station, there was an elevated
street above the yard and locomotive servicing facilities, with a walkway
along the street that made for a nice place from which to take photos of the
diesel servicing facilities. I don't have my photos with me, but it strikes
me there were remnants of a roundhouse and maybe even a turntable here.
Also, on the south side of downtown not far from I-25, I took some photos
from a distance of an old turntable.

Can anyone familiar with the area give me an update on the continued
existence of these sights and some directions to these spots? Also, any
other suggestions as to interesting remaining CB&Q/C&S locations/equipment
worth visiting (other than the CO RR Museum in Golden, of course) in the
area?

Thanks for the help.

Scott Myers