Re: [BRHSlist] Windows in Streamlined Baggage Cars

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Windows in Streamlined Baggage Cars
From: Aeolus3@a...
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 04:16:33 EDT
In a message dated 5/16/02 1:11:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
glenehaug@m... writes:

> Did the Q use tinted glass in stainless steel baggage cars and RPO's,
> or clear. It is hard to tell in color photographs, because the glass
> is either too dirty, or the light is not right.

I have looked the books and slides that I have and the wondows in the Baggage
Cars and RPO's appears to be clear. Also the first of the Stainless Equipment
to use tinted glass is the 1947 Twin City Zpehyr train sets. Other of course
than the Dome glass of Silver Dome the non dome windows however stayed clear.
Burlington the business car had clear windows as well.