Re: Early Zephyrs....test question

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Early Zephyrs....test question
From: "ed_de_rouin" <PIXELS@A...>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 00:51:05 -0000
--- In BRHSlist@y..., PSHedgpeth@a... wrote:
> Bill and List
>
> Since the suspense is wearing on you, and since Ed DeRouin
has had plenty of
> time to get himself a copy of Early Zephyrs, and since I've been
out of town
> since May 8th and have just now gotten through what
accumulated while I was
> away, I'll reveal who the tall man holding his coat is.
>
> It's none other than John D.(Dow) Farrington, then GM of the Ft.
Worth and
> Denver City and later to become (On January 1, 1948)
president of the Rock
> Island.
>
> Mr. Farrington was still Chairman of the Board of the RI when I
started there
> in 1959. I believe that he died in 1961.

Pete and Listers:

I would have never guessed that the man you asked about was
Mr. Farington! You are right, however, I did have some time to buy
the EZ book. I have been focused upon a couple of projects and
just haven't gotten a round tuit.

I would have guessed Fred Gurley, who left the Burlington to
show the Santa Fe how to run trains.

Ed DeRouin