Nebraska City Roundhouse

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Nebraska City Roundhouse
From: hottshot65@a...
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 01:18:03 EDT
Greetings,

It has been brought to my attention that a question was brought up regarding
the Nebraska City roundhouse. First a little background: My name is Gerald
Kopiasz. I am President of Heartland Railroad Historical Society, the
organization that has been working to spearhead the restoration of the
structure.

The collapse occurred in the early morning hours of April 18th. I came on
site later on in the day. In a nutshell, the south wall succumbed to the
massive winds. For those unaware of the structure, this is a peaked roof B&
MR design. The south wall was one of the end, peaked sections that was
roughly fifty feet tall with four layers of brick.

The damage is heavy, therefore there will be an assessment of the structure
to determine how the organization is going to proceed. Your support would be
appreciated as we move through the assessment process. Please contact HRRHS
if you have any further questions/concerns. Our website is
www.rypn.org/hrrhs. Please direct all email to hrrhs@a...

God Bless,
Gerald Kopiasz, President
Heartland Railroad Historical Society