Re: [BRHSlist] Serendipity!

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Serendipity!
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@i...>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 16:33:56 -0500
Dave,

Number of that car should be CB&Q 47479. As best as I can tell it is
the only car that was built in '63 in series 47000-47499 that still exists.
The renumbered BN series is empty as are the few cars that had
various loading devices. BNSF did not assign a number series to
these cars.

Out of Dodge City it was used as a buffer car on a rail pickup train
for the welding facility at Springfield.

Russ