construction on the C&I

To: brhslist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: construction on the C&I
From: David Hanks <davidjhanks@y...>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 09:44:50 -0800 (PST)
For those interested the BNSF is working on new track on the C&I. Orchard road
on the far west side of Aurora is being lowered for an underpass instead of a
grade crossing. The bridge work has been finished north of the present track,
and a new track has been laid on the structure. Last week Orchard road was
closed so the track gang could do their thing. I don't know where the east end
of the new track will connect, but the west end will be between Orchard road
and Jericho road. It might seem as though this could actually become double
track...by extending the Terry ave. siding. Dave Hanks