RE: [BRHSlist] Use of Boiler Feedwater Heaters

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] Use of Boiler Feedwater Heaters
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@y...>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 11:15:05 -0800 (PST)
Yes, Scott you are correct. The reason bleed steam is
used instead of "pure" exhaust steam is that,
stationary plants are generally operate on a
condensing cycle. The exhaust steam ends up below
atomspheric pressure! It has been 30 years since I
took thermo and power plants in college, so I don't
remember all of it. Now the only "steam tables", I can
use are at the buffets!

John D. Mitchell, Jr.