Model RR simulator

To: "BRHS" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Model RR simulator
From: "Bob Weber" <eng95@a...>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 13:20:34 -0800
It seems that the subscribers to this list are primarly into historical
documentation, model RR and recalling times gone by, which I also like, but I'd
like to ask if any on this list are into using RR simulators such as
Microsoft's Train Simulator (operation oriented) or Auran's Trainz (model RR
oriented). Trainz is just now becoming available in the US computer software
stores and has a great support site at http://www.auran.com/trainz/default.htm
The included tool set includes a relatively easy to use scenery designer tool
called Surveyor which lets you do great layouts of real life RR areas (no
limitation on the size of your basement or rec room) and tools for the creation
of rolling stock and engines.

If any of you are using Trainz, please post your efforts to create CB&Q or BNSF
equipment. Also if they are available for download, give me your URL's.

Regards,
Bob