Re: [BRHSlist] DZ in sections

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] DZ in sections
From: "Dennis C. Henry" <dchenry@g...>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 13:12:41 -0600
At 01:26 PM 3/3/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Howdy List,
>
>Does anyone have a sample of the consist of the Vista Dome Denver Zephyr when
>operated as first and second sections?
>
>I'm curios if the Slumbercoaches operated with the Pullmans, or on the coach
>section. Also, which section carried the "Chuck Wagon"?
>
>If the "Silver Garden" or "Silver Patio" ran as a Vista Dome coach buffet,
>did that bump the "Chuck Wagon" to the first class section, or compliment it?
>
>Finally, how many 10-6 Pullmans operated on the First Class section?
>
>If anyone has these answers, or knows where I could look them up, I'd be
>happy to hear!
>
>Thanks,
>
>Hubert
Hubert,

David P. Morgan addressed this topic by way of example in his Diesel's West
book. I believe that the day he was describing was the Wednesday before
Thanksgiving about 1964. If you are interested and send me a SSAE, I can
make you copies of the pages. It's great reading (of great writing).

Dennis
Dennis C. Henry, Owner and General Manager
Brass Car Sides Phone: (507) 931-2784
715 South 7th St. e-mail: dchenry@g...
St. Peter, MN 56082-1435 v-mail: (507) 933-7314
<http://www.brasscarsides.com>http://www.brasscarsides.com
Passenger Car Parts for the Streamliners - Serving the Hobby Since 1978