RE: [BRHSlist] Mineral Red Chip

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] Mineral Red Chip
From: "David E. Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@m...>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 21:16:58 -0600
Steve,

A bit of patience is in order...not all of us have photographic memories and
need to research in order to give correct answers.

The only thing in the BRHS archives that indicates the "mineral red" color
you seek, is from CB&Q Painting & Styling Diagram No. 46292 for the wooden
waycars. the notes for waycars painted in other than Chinese Red are as
follows:

"Body, trucks and under frame to be painted with Pittsburg Plate Glass Co
Carhide Synthetic Red Steel Freight Car Paint #UC-33202."

If you can find a PPG jobber that can get a color from this number, let me
know.

The Modelflex Maroon Tuscan is the color I've used and I've never had
anybody tell me that it looks wrong.

Dave Lotz
BRHS Archives