freight version kitchen car information sought

To: ^Burlington Route List <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: freight version kitchen car information sought
From: Lyle Dowell <slyone@i...>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:19:23 -0600
I'm looking for information, especially photos, of the converted
kitchen cars as they were modified for freight use. My sole source at
this poinit is Mike Spoor's Color Guide which shows one. I'm wanting to
get a better understanding of what the ends look like. The photo I have
shows only a bit of the end. The crash bars have been greatly reduced
and the gussets have been removed, other than that I can't pick up any
real detail. Are the man doors still present? It sort of looks like a
platform or two have been added on the end visible in the book.
Also, I understand a few of these cars (freight version) had enlarged
baggage doors. If anyone has information, dimensions, road #'s, photos,
etc. on that modification I would be all ears. Thanks in advance for any
and all help.

Lyle Dowell

--