Re: [BRHSlist] Westmont

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Westmont
From: "William Franckey" <budapest@g...>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 21:13:14 -0600
From: "Stephen Levine" <sjl@p...>
To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 7:27 PM

> Were those E7's?
>
> sjl
>
> Stephen and Linda Levine
> steveandlindaare@c...
> If trains were just for kids...we wouldn't wanna grow up!

got ordered at Cicero with a single frt engine to the Zephyr Pit, Chicago to
pick up out train of about 20 retired E's for Eola. We stalled once trying
to get up out of Union Ave. and almost stalled at Westmont. A tad bit
ironic to stall with those E's......if we had stalled, I thought about
MU-ing the engines and claiming the added weight on the drivers. That was
one of the slowest trips I ever made with some of the fastest locomotives.
Bill