Re: [BRHSlist] Walthers Baggage Cars

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Walthers Baggage Cars
From: Aeolus3@a...
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 00:59:11 EST
In a message dated 1/17/02 7:54:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
SilvrDome@a... writes:

> The Walthers post war car with skirts removed could suggest the late
> Burlington/BN era. Also, mail storage cars ended up everywhere, you could
> include a Santa Fe lettered car in your Burlington mail train consists.
>
> Walthers has done such a great job with these cars, even one lettered
> Burlington would look great!

I don't think the Burlington removed any of the full skirting even into BN.
Hubert is correct when he says the Walther's car is a Sante Fe prototype.
Walther's has done a great job on the Budd cars.

I have one of the Slumber Coaches on the work bench..... it's coming out as
"Lock Sloy" for use in my "Mainstreeter"

Loren