F unit paint blends

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: F unit paint blends
From: "Virginia Edgar" <vje68@h...>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 13:57:40 -0600
Bcc:

Thanks for replies - will be for an N scale frt unit my son is doing. I appreciate the many 'formulas' out there & believe in the old saying "check the prototype" - when you consider "which" shade. The variables of age of the paint, which shop did the painting, whether it was 1st time or repaint, condition of the steel (or wood as the case may be), changes in paint mfgs. ingredients, etc, there are a lot of 'shades' that are correct. I just did a Tichy 10,000 tank car for Q MoW - I have actual chips from such cars and they ranged from brilliant orange to dull yellow and that doesn't take into effect the lighting on ones model RR and the affect it will have. Gerald Edgar