Re: Meat trains

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Meat trains
From: "liljop" <wulrich@a...>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 22:10:57 -0000
--- In BRHSlist@y..., KPMF16@a... wrote:
> Warren please don't appologize, I and probably others find this
information priceless.

> A big thanks from me at least.
>
> Ken Thompson

ken,
there was contact between morrells, ottumwa dispatcher and ottumwa
yardmaster as recall sometimes train 78 would be ordered later,
waiting on last group of morrells meat due out. dispatcher and
yardmaster knew what was coming, how many cars. if 68's were gone and
morrells would be late with meat, would put off ordering 78 till 8:30
or so. if 68's were gone and all current meat was/is now coming out
78 could be ordered 700-730-800pm. was always waiting on that last
group of meat. then iirc, morrells wound not shove out any till 10pm
or so, then again around midnite, 1 or 2 am. this meat would then go
on the 1/70. iirc, then it got quiet. the meat went on the first
train, unless there we were told not to, and there had to be a very
good reason.

now i'll quit

warren