Meat trains

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Meat trains
From: KPMF16@a...
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 23:41:48 EST
Warren,

In the era where I show train 104 taking meat to Peoria this traffic may have
already started to peter out. I believe all the train numbers were changed in
1968, so before that this would have been train 68 to Peoria. I've been told
that meat traffic out of Ottumwa was heavy on Thursday nights from at least one
other sorce. There was also a train 70 that ran to Peoria that was ordinarily
scheduled to leave Galesburg around
7 AM. I don't know the numbers of the eastward manifests through Ottumwa before
1968 but I'd like to.

Do you have any idea what trains took meat out of Ottumwa via refrigerated TOFC
in the 60's?

Ken