Re: [BRHSlist] Branch Line Mail

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Branch Line Mail
From: Aeolus3@a...
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 20:13:58 EST
Although not a branch line operation, The Aurora News Agency and the
Naperville News Agency used to pick up the Chicago Newspapers from the
baggage power cars on the Dinkies.

The Naperville News Agency was right next to the Depot in Naperville on the
south east side of the platform.

At the News Agency in Aurora they used to get magazines from baggage cars
that were spotted on the Middle Ave.Branch. I have never seen photographs of
this how ever many years ago I used to work for the Lizburgs that owned both
the Naperville and Aurora News Agencies. One of the old timers told me that
the Burlington used to bring in a baggage car once a week with the TV Guides,
Life, Look, and other publications.

Loren Johnson