Re: Last regular use of mainline steam

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Last regular use of mainline steam
From: "nftrains2000" <nftrains@n...>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 22:10:06 -0000
There was a Write up about this which Mike Martin talks Savanna IL in
the Burlinton Buletin #21 May-June 1965 I believe,
I bought a framed Picture at a Train Show with Three pictures from
this Bulletin.
I was born in 65 so I can't be any other help.

Larry Doub

A little astay from the Q, but has anyone any info on a N&W Steam
that was build and never takin out of the barn? Last one they built,
and was never even watered or coaled.
I hear it is in the N&W remaining Steam Loco building shop out east.
I also heard the when the Current President retiers, this is going to
be taking out and used for Excursions.
Anyway else know anything?

--- In BRHSlist@y..., atsf3460@a... wrote:
> #4960 was used in Savanna during the flood of '65 to move Zephyrs
through the
> floodwaters of the yards .... Jim Boyd has related this story in
Railfan