Photo of Folsom, IA. Depot

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Photo of Folsom, IA. Depot
From: "David E. Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@m...>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 11:05:57 -0600
I received the following letter a few weeks ago. I have found photos of
Stanton, but have not found photos of the Folsom, Iowa depot. FYI...Folsom
is/was on the KCSTJ&CB line, the first town north of Pacific Junction. If
anyone has a photo they would share, I'm certain Mr. Riegel would be most
appreciative!

David Lotz
(314-846-8632
* E-mail: Dave_Lotz@m...

Oct- 24, 2001
Dave Lotz
3040 Southoaks Place
St. Louis Mo.
Mr. Lotz:
I am writing to you in hopes that you may have some material
that I would like to include in a photo story for my family.
I would if you have any pictures of the depots at Folsom and Stanton Iowa.
My Adopted father George A. Riegel was the section foreman at Folsom in 1926
when I came to live with them. My birth mother was a cousin of Jerry I
Spargur who was a Roadmaster out of Creston to Council Bluffs in 1924 *
1925. My father also was section foreman at Council Bluffs yards, Red Oak
Ia. west and at Stanton la. until his death on November 19, 1942. I also
had adopted Brother William t. (Bill) Riegel that worked on the C.B.&Q. on
the weed burner crew also on the work gangs. and the Pacific Junction Ia.
Yards Forman until He also died in June of 1961. When I came to Folsom we
lived in the Co. foreman's house that had the front porch next to the siding
tracks and then the main line tracks. The depot was located on the west side
and I believe it had a second story that the agent used to live in also.
I am enclosing a self-addressed stamped envelope for your reply. Thank you
for any help you may be able to give me. I am making a photo and story for
my family.
Thank you and I would be willing to pay any copying expense to get any items
you may have.
As a foot note in the Malvern Leader paper a writer had found a news story
that in 1913 the work gang working on the railroad went on sit-down because
of their living conditions.

Sincerely
Harry E. Riegel