Apology

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Apology
From: "Rupert and Maureen" <gamlenz@i...>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 14:20:06 +1300
Fellow Listers

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused by the Badtrans.B virus
being forwarded from my computer.

The only attachment I have received in the last couple of weeks was purportedly
a BRHSList e-mail from Tom entitled "Class Diagram" (or similar) with a txt.
attachment. As Ken Thompson has commented on my behalf, the worm doesn't
require the attachment to open in order to infect your computer, so my rule of
not opening attachments didn't make any difference.

I've replaced Trend PC-cillin (which still didn't recognise the problem) with
Norton AntiVirus 2002 which certainly worked. It even stopped another copy of
the bug attached to a message from notify@y... (and 5 other infected messages
from complete strangers)

Once again, my apologies

Rupert