Re: [BRHSlist] Grier's Restaurants

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Grier's Restaurants
From: "Harold Huber" <sarge9@f...>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 08:27:30 -0700
Bob,

I've almost finished the Lysite module, I use 30" X 6' modules, when it is done
I'll put some photos int he files section. I've really had a heck of a time
getting info on Bonneville. Just some far away shots, I've done the depot and
the bar that was there, but that is it, I've got a request into the national
archives for a track plan, ICC Valuation, and if there are any photos of the
round house etc. I got plans on the depot from the same place so was sure of
what I was doing. There will be 3 modules to start with Lysite, a module
inbetween, then the Bonneville module. That is all I'm doing of the Q, I model
HOn3 and trolley mostly so have both going into the Owl creek mountains for the
copper mines, gold mines, and silver mines. Actually there was never any narrow
gauge railroad or any railroad into the Owl Creeks. I've take a name that a Q
holding company used "Big Horn Southern" (actually this was the name of the
company that built the branch out of Hardin MT to Cody WY before the line went
in to the Big Horn Basin) of course the name changed to the CB&Q after it was
built. I felt the name appropriate as the Owl Creek Mountains are the southern
most end of the Big Horn Mountains.

This is a testimony to all, if you see any Q buildings or equipment photograph
it. I used to hang around the Bonneville depot and buy sodas while hunting in
the area, I was not into railroads then. Now that I model the area the depot
has been torn down and most of the town along with it. Remember PHOTGRAPH all
things you never know what you will be modeling next. I've taken it on myself
to get photos of all existing buildings left in Wyoming of the CB&Q, mostly
depots but if any one makes a call for something then they will be recorded on
film.

Harold Huber
Sheridan, WY

How about some photos of what you're building?