dubuque and switch engines

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: dubuque and switch engines
From: barbarland@a...
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2001 14:38:48 -0000
I was wondering how long Dubuque had a switch engine stationed at
Dubuque and was there a time when the Q pulled a lot of them off. I
talked to a person who said he fired the Dubuque job in 65 or 66 and
that they were trying to get rid of the job. He thought that it
happened within a year of that and that the IC took over most if not
all of there work. It seems to I saw a BN switcher there in the 70's
so was wondering when it happened. Also, how long did the switcher
stay at Oregon, Winona or other lesser locations?

Was the center siding at East Dubuque used for train clearing or
for setouts or both? How about the siding south/east od East Cabin?

Thank you for any info.

Steve Fye.