Blackbird Scheme on P2K locos

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Blackbird Scheme on P2K locos
From: mack@c...
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 17:26:46 -0000
To add to the discussion, it appears to me that P2K shot the grey
OVER the black, and that is what has caused it to be so dark (just a
theory, though). I have one P2K GP7, one SD7, and both SW1200's and
they all have the same problem with the grey being too dark. My
Walthers SW1 and Kato NW2 do not seem to have this problem with the
gray. The earlier post (message 1 in digest 1121) that had the link
to the pictures is pretty revealing in that it is VERY clear that
there is no distinguishable difference between the grey on the black
units vs. the red units.

As a side note to the thread regarding repaint dates, note that unit
288 in the blackbird scheme was post-BN renumbering, as the GP behind
it has a 4 digit number. Also the location of both horns on the unit
is on the roof, none on the side. For us late 60's modelers this is a
great merger point picture. Thanks for posting it.