Sedan IA File

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Sedan IA File
From: "Larry L. Doub" <nftrains@n...>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 12:33:14 -0500
I Have added a folder to the file section named Sedan and added 3 pages from
the Book of Moulton, Ia the Historical Society put out,
Not sure when this book was done, I have yet to contact them and Find out if
any of these books are still available to buy.
I will see how many if any are left and a price when I find the name(s) of the
people that run the building.
I never knew How big of a train Operation there was in Moulton until I looked
at this book "briefly" and seen The Wabash had some set up her, 8 stall round
house and turntable for starters"
While getting a haircut this a.m. there was an elderly lady came in while we
were talking about Sedan, She went to school there when she was in 8th grade.
she also said there were 3 trains a day, that stopped at Sedan around noon,
Lots of people would get off and some staying over in the Motel waiting for the
Next train they would board.
I guess there is a Monument there, and still a few Foundations from time Past,
Also this is now owned buy the Government "Public Access" I would believe" so I
will have to venture out there as soon as I get the new tires on the back of my
truck.
She remembers quite a bit about the RR days around these parts, she knew where
the Traps camped out here in town, but Lived on a farm right at Sedan I believe.
She remembers them coming to the house for food.
Maybe I should find some of these older folk and talk with them someday.

Larry Doub