Re: SD-45 Hockey Stick revisited

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: SD-45 Hockey Stick revisited
From: jworones@y...
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 19:56:13 -0000
The white stripe does wrap around the rear. The top of the white
stripe (and the bottom of the black) is 70" up from the lowest point
of the walkway (not the ducting). The white stripe is 50" high.

The white stripe behind the cab angles 60 degrees up from horizontal
and is 58" wide at the frame line. It does wrap around over the
walkway and whatever falls into the white area gets painted white. It
does not look like the steps behind the cab are painted white.

Reference source: EMD drawing #8421776 "styling & painting SD45" last
revised date 01/22/69.

While back on the topic of the "hockey stick" scheme, I was reading a
Burlington Bulletin from July-Aug-Sept. 1968 which had letters to the
editor referencing the 629 on display at CUS. The photo accompanying
the letter shows the 629 with the BN logo on the cab and 'Burlington
Northern' on the battery box. This means it had to have been painted
in early 1968. Early than most of us thought.

Jeff Worones
Las Vegas, NV